We understand that your trust in us is the greatest asset of "oona_19" NV (hereinafter referred to as "[oona]", "we" or "us"). Your privacy is therefore of paramount importance to us.
This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as the “Privacy Statement”) applies inter alia to (i) our website www.oona.agency (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) and (ii) all (commercial) relationships between oona and its customers, prospects and business partners.
This Privacy Statement contains, among other things, information about the personal data that oona collects, as well as the methods that oona employs when using and processing the personal data.
oona would like to emphasise that it always endeavours to act in accordance with the “Privacy Legislation”, namely (i) the Belgian Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy relating to the processing of personal data, (ii) the EU Regulation 2016/679 dated 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, and (iii) the (future) Belgian legislation concerning the implementation of the aforementioned Regulation.
Visiting the Website, using the services of oona, subscribing to the newsletter of oona, creating an account on the Website and communicating with oona in any way implies your explicit consent (through confirmation of your personal information or opting in) to the Privacy Statement and thus to the way in which oona collects, uses and processes your personal data.
I. Types of personal data
oona may collect and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile)
- Company name
- Company address
- Invoice address
- Social media data (profile information)
- FOP (Fields Of Play)
- Clothing size
- Shoe size
- Any other personal data voluntarily transferred to oona (e.g. during correspondence)
oona also automatically collects anonymous information in relation to your use of the Website. For example, oona will automatically log which pages of the Website you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited, and when you accessed the Website. We cannot identify you on the basis of this data, but this information does enable oona to compile statistics about your use of the Website.
II. Methods for collecting personal data
The personal data is collected when or in relation to:
- Visiting the Website
- Subscribing to the newsletter (whether or not via the Website)
- Collaboration with oona
- Correspondence with and from oona
- Onward transmission by third parties such as Achoo
- Exchanging business cards
- Registering for events, etc.
- Requesting an offer
- Creating an account via the Website
- Visiting the building / branch
The personal data that oona collects is thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you. Providing specific personal data is (in some cases) a condition that allows the user to benefit from certain services (e.g. to access certain sections of the Website, to subscribe to newsletters, to participate in particular activities and events). When providing personal data, it is indicated which data is mandatory and which is optional.
III. Use of personal data
oona can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To conclude an agreement with oona (including the follow-up thereof)
- To answer questions (whether or not asked through the contact form)
- To optimise the quality, management and content of the Website
- To send newsletters, invitations, press releases, press kits, etc.
- Statistical purposes
- For drawing up and sending personalised offers
- Sending invoices and collecting payments
- To confirm registration for an event, etc.
- Registration of visitors to the building / branch office
- To set up an account and send the confirmation thereof
- For the distribution of targeted marketing and advertising
Processing the data is carried out on the legal bases set out below, as appropriate:
- You have consented to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary to conclude the agreement with oona or to take specific measures at your request prior to the conclusion of an agreement.
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation incumbent on oona.
- Processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of oona or of a third party, except where your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of personal data outweigh those interests (in particular when you are a minor).
IV. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
oona will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless this is required for the preparation of the agreement and the optimisation thereof (such as but not limited to clients of oona). In the above context, your personal data may be disclosed to payment providers, software suppliers, cloud partners, transport partners, insurance company, service providers (event partner, photographer, translation agency, graphic designer, copywriter, etc.).
If it is necessary for oona to disclose your personal data to third parties in this context, the third party in question is obliged to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
However, without prejudice to the foregoing, oona may disclose your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) when oona is obligated to do so by law or in the context of judicial or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend the rights of oona.
- When oona or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data collected by oona will be one of the transferred assets.
- In all other cases, oona will not sell, rent or transfer your personal data to third parties unless (i) it has obtained your consent to do so and (ii) it has entered into a data processing agreement with the relevant third party, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliant treatment of your personal data.
V. Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient residing or having its registered office in a country not covered by an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission will be governed by provisions of a data transfer agreement, which will either (i) contain the standard contractual clauses set out in the ‘European Commission Decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)’ or (ii) provide appropriate safeguards by any other mechanism pursuant to the Privacy Act or any other regulation governing the processing of personal data.
VI. Storage of personal data
Unless a longer retention period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) by compliance with another legal obligation, oona will only retain your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Statement under ‘III. Use of personal data’.
VII. Your privacy rights
You have the following privacy rights within the framework of the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access to your personal data;
- Right to rectify, complete or update your personal data;
- Right to have your personal data deleted (‘right to be forgotten’);
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- Right to transferability of your personal data;
- Right to object to/against the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form to exercise your privacy rights and send it to oona by e-mail or regular post.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge using the above form.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about oona's services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button, as provided at the bottom of every e-mail from oona.
VIII. Security of personal data
oona is committed to taking appropriate and reasonable physical, technological and organisational security measures to prevent (i) unauthorised or unlawful access to your personal data, as well as (ii) loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
oona will keep all personal data it has collected in the central database, on the server, as well as in the cloud environment (Exact Online).
Notwithstanding (i) the security policy of oona, (ii) the checks it carries out and (iii) the actions it performs in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. No method of transfer or transmission over the Internet, nor any method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, meaning that oona cannot guarantee absolute security within this framework.
Finally, the security of your account will also depend on the confidentiality of your password and other account information. oona will never ask for your password, nor will you be obliged to disclose it yourself. If you have communicated your password to a third party, this third party will have access to your account and your personal data through your password. In that case, you will be liable for the actions taken through the use of your account. oona strongly recommends that you change your password immediately after you discover that someone has access to your account, and to contact oona without delay.
IX. Updates to Privacy Statement
oona is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website. It is therefore strongly recommended that you regularly check the Websites and the relevant page where the Privacy Statement is displayed to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
X. References to other websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you can possibly be redirected to another website or internet source that may collect information about you, either knowingly or via cookies or other technologies. oona does not bear any responsibility, liability or control over these other websites or internet sources, nor is it responsible or liable for the subsequent collection, use and dissemination of your personal data. You should therefore check the privacy policies of these other websites and internet sources yourself in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Laws.
XI. Contact oona
If you have any questions or comments about the Privacy Statement or about the methods that oona employs to collect, use or process your personal data, please contact us:
- By e-mail: email@example.com of
- By post: “oona”, Rijnkaai 22, 2000 Antwerp, Attn. Mr Werner De Smet.
If you are in any way dissatisfied with the manner in which oona has dealt with these questions or comments, or if you have any complaints about the way oona collects, uses or processes your data, you can lodge a complaint with the Belgian supervisory authority, i.e. the national data protection authority.