WHAT'S THE JOB?
CLIENT SERVICE & CUSTOMER SUCCESS
- You are the strategic sparring partner for your business unit's (key) accounts.
- Together with the teams, you onboard new clients and service existing clients. You respond to their needs by offering excellent strategic communications services and advice.
- You always (!) guarantee the best customer care, and you focus on developing long-lasting partnerships with your clients.
- Understanding the market and its trends, you keep an eye on the latest evolutions, and you translate these into new business opportunities for your teams' clients.
- You monitor and review client & project activities and ensure their completion within the scheduled time and budget.
- You are responsible for the forecast.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: AN ALWAYS-ON RESPONSIBILITY
- Inspiring, connecting, and developing people is what brings you energy.
- You will coach and supervise a business unit of 7 people split up into two teams who manage clients of all sizes.
- You act as a true sparring partner for the two team leads. You coach them on their people, account, and project management skills to bring their teams to the next level.
- You challenge your teams while not forgetting the safe space they need. You make room for personal input, make sure everything is up for discussion, and encourage personal growth.
- By understanding your people's capabilities and what brings them energy, you quickly see the best team and client set-up so everyone can build on their strengths.
- You make things happen through your teams. Making them shine is your priority.
- You reach out and check-in with your team members daily. By doing so, you encourage a feedback culture that goes both ways.
- You stimulate knowledge-sharing and cross-team work across the entire organization.
- You are a key player between oona's leadership team and the teams in your business unit. You make sure you translate the company's strategy into tangible guidelines for your teams and their members.
- You analyze the workflow within the teams and towards the clients. You constantly look for possible optimizations keeping client satisfaction and employee engagement into account.
- You function as a gatekeeper with the client's needs and your team's workload in mind. You divide projects to optimize collaboration, personal development, and efficiency.
- You are a genuine problem solver. In case of internal or external difficulties, you think solution-oriented.
- You will report to our founder and CEO.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have at least ten years of experience in Marketing and Communication services. This can be PR, advertising, influencer marketing, digital marketing, or general marketing…
- You enjoy the agency/consultancy life and the thrill and commercial aspects that come with it.
- You've managed people or teams for at least five years. Supervising people and making them shine is what you love to do.
- Experience in earned media and influencer marketing is a significant asset.
- You are interested in lifestyle, consumer brands, culture, tech & entertainment business, the corporate world…
- Thanks to your proven track record, you bring the necessary business capabilities to understand your Business Unit's necessities. You know how to identify your future business unit's needs and take action.
- You are a strategic, conceptual thinker who prioritizes helicopter views.
- You have excellent communication skills (NL/EN), both written and oral. French is a great asset.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A group of 60+ passionate, wonderful colleagues spread across our offices in Amsterdam, Antwerp, and Ghent, with your base at our HQ in the heart of Antwerp City.
- A client portfolio that stands out.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An annual team bonus in consideration of results.
- Frequent personal development discussions and a personalized training program.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
Everybody loves a good story. Let us hear yours. Mail your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com and mention 'Application Business Unit Director Belgium' in the subject of your mail.
We are a fast-growing communications agency with a unique vision on PR, influencer & digital marketing. With platforms in Antwerp, Ghent, and Amsterdam, we keep abreast of what's happening in the Benelux market. We believe that in a world that is becoming increasingly digital, genuine relationships are more important than ever. Only by mixing the staff with the digital world can you write stories that fuel passions.
Clients such as Levi's®, Kobo, Samsung, PepsiCo, Morphe, Carhartt and Monki challenge us to reinvent ourselves every day. Continuous investment in our growing organization provides us with teams with proven expertise and cutting-edge tools.
oona.agency is an equal opportunity employer, and we pride ourselves on including everyone who loves a good story. We are committed to creating an environment free of discrimination where everyone's uniqueness is celebrated. That's why all qualified applicants will be considered for this job opening without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.